History: During the last Dragon War Silver Dragons interbred with their elven servants. In part due to the typical silver dragon tendencies, but also to create a fighting force to help battle the minions of Tiamut. Over generations of careful breeding this group of elven half dragons became a race all unto itself. One quite capable of standing up to the evil dragon’s themselves, and in the end they were instrumental in ending the war.
During the centuries after the war, while the remaining dragons one by one began a long slumber, their Empire began to slowly dwindle. Despite their war wrought origins they were not a war hungry people, especially when it came to what they considered inferior races. As the kingdoms of man began springing up around the world the Orn Vaecaesin’s Empire slowly shrank until all that remained was their capital city, Verthica Okarthel, deep in the frozen north.
As time passed this once great people slowly slipped into legend and in some cases into the very myths that had swallowed the dragons before them. As the stories faded so to did their race; despite their highly selective breeding habits, or perhaps because of, their race began to diminish. New elven lines were occasional introduced and eventually even human, further diluting their draconic heritage.
Then five hundred years ago the death bell was tolled for these people. Their Last crowned king, Auntyr Levethix, decreed that their end was here. The age of dragons was long passed; the elves and the very essence of magic itself were beginning to wane. So to keep from having to bear witness to the death throws of his people he cast out his only son, Jhar and his wife Ingeir from the mountain palace. Auntyr than ordered his people to flee their forgotten city, sealing himself within the gates, along with the only known key.
As the remaining Orn Vaecaesin fled their home Jhar and his wife stayed behind along with a few who were either afraid of the outside world or could not bear to leave their ancestral home. So it was here that four hundred years later Vyth Levethix was born.
Physical Description: Orn Vaecaesin stand about 6 to 7 feet tall, and despite their height are often mistaken as elves at first glance. Their angular features are extreme even by elven standards. Their complexion ranges from pale blue to silvery white, and is adorned with what appears to be silvery tattoos of either mystical runes or the scales of dragons. Their hair shimmering strands of metallic silver, while their eyes are akin to pools of mercury. Adulthood is generally reached around 100 years and have been known to live close to 1000 years of age. Like elves they do not sleep but instead enter a trance state for 4 hours a day. An Orn Vaecaesin resting in this fashion gains the same benefits as a human that rested for 8 hours.
Relations: The Orn Vaecaesin consider themselves superior to all other races, albeit in a grandfatherly like fashion. They have a grudging respect for dwarves, a race they consider as old as themselves and to be their brothers in stone. Silver and Gold dragons are revered and almost seen as deities themselves, While Black and Red dragons are reviled.
Alignment: The Orn Vaecaesin tend to share alignment with their silver dragon forebears, neutral good. Although as followers of Bahamut many find themselves to be lawful.
Orn Vaecaesin Lands: Far to the frozen north is their home Verthica Okarthel. When they were cast out a few stayed behind, those that didn’t traveled where the winds carried them. Although as a race they prefer cooler climes, while warmer climates make them uncomfortably warm.
Religion: They are follower of Bahamut almost to a fault. They consider themselves to be his chosen to the point of fanaticism. Although, it is possible that there are those among the outcasts that hold a grudge against their wayward father.
Language: The Orn Vaecaesin language is essentially draconic albeit a lesser from as they lack the proper vocal chords to truly pronounce any words. They do however have a firm grasps on its runic script.
Orn Vaecaesin Racial Traits:
- Medium: as medium creatures they have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Orn Vaecaesin base land speed is 30 ft.
- Low-Light Vision: An Orn Vaecaesin can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +2 racial Bonus on Diplomacy, Gather Information, and Disguise checks. Like their silver dragon ancestors they have a strong desire to interact with other races.
- Dragonblood Subtype: Orn Vaecaesin are of the dragonblood subtype.
- Fire Vulnerability: Orn Vaecaesin share a silver dragon’s vulnerability to fire based attacks
- Resistance to Cold 5: because of their silver dragon lineage the Orn Vaecaesin are naturally resistant to cold environments and cold based attacks
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.
- Automatic Languages: Draconic and Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven, Kobold, and any other draconic derived language.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer. A multiclass Orn Vaecaesin’s sorcerer levels do not count when determining whether she takes and experience point penalty for multiclassing.